Skip to main content

Praveen Kumar IPS (TELANGANA) Secretary of the Telangana Social Welfare Residential Institutions Society ( TSWREIS)

Full name: DR R S Praveen Kumar
Born: 23 November 1967
Place: ALAMPUR(Village), MAHABUBNAGAR, TELANGANA.
Education: HARVARD UNIVERSITY.

Dr Praveen Kumar is an IPS officer Currently, he is the Secretary of the Telangana Social Welfare Residential Institutions Society ( TSWREIS). He is a role model for students, youngsters, and UPSC aspirants. He was born in a remote village where there was no electricity which is very near to Nallamalla forest.He has faced many challenges during his primary education. His hard work, dedication, and discipline have driven him to complete his education successfully. He studied his 8th grade to 10th in the Social Welfare Residencial School, Intermediate in Kurnool govt junior college, and graduation from HYDERABAD AGRICULTURE UNIVERSITY.

Due to improper guidance and lack of preparation he has failed in the first attempt of UPSC examination. However, he has succeeded to get into INDIAN RAILWAYS TRAFFIC SERVICE in the second attempt. But he was not satisfied, he always wants to be an IPS officer. To continue his preparation he has joined in the AP STUDY CIRCLE, where he was successful to crack UPSC examination and selected as an IPS officer.
Dr Praveen Kumar is successful in bringing the change in social welfare hostels. He built a wonderful system which is working extensively and effectively across Telangana state. He is the man behind the success of Malavath Poorna("She scaled the highest peak of Mount Everest and, aged 13 years and 11 months, became the youngest Indian and the youngest girl in the world to have reached the summit.") and S. Anand Kumar. His efforts towards sustainable development in education have provided wonderful results in the Telangana state.

In 2009 at the age of 45, he attempted GRE and TOFEL exam and he cleared with a good score, he got the opportunity to join HARVARD UNIVERSITY. For his great achievement, he offered study leave and financial assistance from the Indian Government. He had many choices and high roles offer after his completion of the course. But he always dreamed about to have a key role in changing the education system in Telangana state.

Dr Praveen Kumar's Ten Commands are very popular among the students:
1. I'm not inferior to anyone.
2. I shall be the leader wherever I am.
3. I shall do what I love and Different.
4. I shall always think big and aim high.
5. I shall never blame others for my failures.
6. I shall never beg and cheat.
7. I shall repay what I borrow.
8. I shall never fear the unknown.
9. I shall be honest, hard-working and punctual
10. I shall never give up.
facebook link of Dr Praveen kumar IPS

Comments